Procedures for filing a complaint with the Arizona State Board of Cosmetology
This Board is charged with the administrations and enforcement of the COSMETOLOGY (A.R.S. § 32-501 ET. Seq.). We investigate complaints involving unlawful acts including false advertising, deceptive statements, violations of health and sanitation regulations, employment of unlicensed persons for professional services, incompetence and/or malpractice. If you feel you have been the victim of any of the above or have information about a specific incident complete the enclosed form and mail it to us.
If we can't understand your complaint, we can't help you. So, take a minute to ORGANIZE your information so that the details are clearly stated.
Some Tips On Preparing A Written Complaint

First, make a separate list of the things you want to say. Try to separate your feelings from the facts.

Present the events in the order in which they happened, using dates whenever possible.
Enclose copies of documents such as contracts, letters, advertisements, sales slips, cancelled checks, warranties, papers or other documents that may support your complaint. Keep the originals for your files.
Remember that your complaint should describe the event or practice which was misleading to you. If possible, you should state why the practice was misleading.
Please complete the complaint form and return it to our office. Our ability to assist you will depend upon your giving us a complete and detailed statement including any representations made to you.
MAIL OR DELIVER your complaint to:
Arizona State Board of Cosmetology
1721 East Broadway
Tempe Arizona 85282-1611
(480) 784-4539
Upon receipt of your complaint, we will determine if your complaint comes under our authority. If it does, we will take such action as is possible under our statutory authority. If your complaint does no fall under our authority, we will refer you to the appropriate agency.
Law prohibits us from giving you legal advice, legal opinion or action as your private attorney. If you have suffered or may suffer a significant monetary loss, you should contact a private attorney to discuss your legal rights and remedies. If you don't have a private attorney the County Bar Association's Lawyer Referral service should be consulted or the local Legal Aid Society may be able to assist you.
File the complaint form online:
Download complaint forms: