The Board's rule, A.A.C R4-10-112 (A) and (D) contains procedures for cleaning of electrical equipment. This applies to
all laser equipment. It reads:
(A) An establishment shall have and maintain the following minimum equipment and supplies:
5. An Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)-registered bactericidal, virucidal, fungicidal, and pseudomonacidal (formulated for hospitals) disinfectant
which shall be mixed and used according to manufacturer's directions on all tools, instruments, and equipment, except those that have come in contact with
blood or other body fluids; and
6. An EPA-registered disinfectant that is effective against HIV-1 and Human Hepatitis B Virus or Tuberculocidal which shall be mixed and used according
to the manufacturer's directions on tools, instruments, and equipment that come in contact with blood or other body fluids.
(D) Procedure for disinfecting electrical equipment, which shall be in good repair, before each use.
1. Remove all foreign matter;
2. Clean and spray or wipe with disinfectant, compatible with electrical equipment, as required in subsection (A)(5) or (A)(6); and
3. Disinfect removable parts as described in subsection (B). (Note: Refer to subsection (B) to disinfect removable parts of laser equipment)