Arizona Revised Statutes - (Laws) Chapter 5: Cosmetology Article 1 - Article 6
Arizona Administrative Code - (Rules)
"Reflecting new rules effect December 31, 2017
SUBSTANTIVE POLICY STATEMENT:
This substantive policy statement is advisory only. A substantive policy statement does not include internal procedural documents that only affect the internal procedures of the agency and does not impose additional requirements or penalties on regulated parties or include confidential information or rules made in accordance with the Arizona Administrative Procedure Act. If you believe that his substantive policy statement does impose additional requirements or penalties on regulated parties, you may petition the agency under Arizona Revised Statute § 41-1033 for a review of the statement.
Governor Doug Ducey - Executive Order
Questions: send an email to: [email protected]
- 2019 Bills to watch
- SB1287: Cosmetic Laser Procedures; Direct Supervision
- SB1288: Hairstylist; Schools; Charitable Events
- SB1328: Apprenticeship; Cosmetology
- SB1401: Cosmetology; Licensing Exceptions Blow Dry Bars
- HB2031: Apprenticeship; Licensing
- HB2231: Nonhealth Professionals; Occupations; Regulations
- HB2463: Occupational Regulations; Licenses; Commissions Notice
- Pursuant to ARS 41-1033 (C), an individual has a right to petition the Governor's Regulatory Review Council to request a review of a final rule based on the person's belief that the final rule does not meet the requirements in ARS §41-1030.
NEW LAWS & RULES:
Effective December 31, 2017:
- SB1130 - Hairstylist licenses; cosmetology - Signed by Governor Ducey on March 14, 2017; effective December 31, 2017
Effective August 6, 2016:
- House Bill 2035 (click to review) - Change in licensure requirements for "Tenth grade equivalency" and Board Members appointments.
Effective July 3, 2015:
House Bill 2120 (click to review) - All individual licensees will renew their license(s) for 2 years. Renewal fee: $60.00 (2 years) Delinquent fee: $30.00.
Senate Bill 1320 (click to review) - Persons who apply makeup, including eyelash enhancements.
5 Year Review Report from Governor's Regulatory Review Council:
- Approved 5 Year Review Report, August 2, 2016:
- (F-16-0410) Title 4, Chapter 10, Article 1, General Provisions; Article 2, Schools; Article 3, Students; Article 4, Salons (see below for the link of the document)